Bio360 Expo 2023
8-9 February 2023
The exhibition, covering an extensive 12 000m2 in the prestigious XXL hall, provides an outstanding opportunity to meet an exceptional range of solution providers from across the bioenergy, BECCU/S, biochar and bio/renewable construction materials spectrums, amongst the 450 plus exhibitors from more than 35 countries.
Conference Program 2023 : overview and broad themes
The 2023 detailed conference program is currently under development. It comprises 6 tracks with simultaneous translation in French/English. The conferences are freely accessible to all visitors. An overview of the 6 tracks can be found below as well as a broad description of the main themes:
- Solid bioenergy: biomass and wood-energy, agricultural co-products, srf, co-generation, district and industrial heating and cooling, renewable green gas (green hydrogen, synthesis methane, synthesis gas)
- Liquid bioenergy: biofuels for the road, maritime and aviation transport sectors
- Gaseous bioenergy: biogas, biomethane, bioNGV, green hydrogen for local consumption or broader distribution
- Biobased and renewable materials for construction : capture and usage of CO2, biochar and/or rapeseed residues in concrete, biochar as a substitute for fossil bitumen to bind asphalt, lignin also as an ashpalt binder as well as as main ingredient for the manufacture of high-performance foam door and window frames, hemp for insulation among other innovative solutions for a healthy building, low-carbon way carbon negative …
- Biochar: biochar has a large evolving range of usages from agriculture and soil management, for livestock, water management, construction, biocomposites etc and is one of the few Negative Emissions Technologies as identified by the IPCC. With biochar, large volumes of excess atmospheric CO2 can be extracted and sequestered
- Carbon capture and utilization / storage (CCU/S): capturing and utilising CO2 is a key tool for reducing net future carbon emissions and can equally make a significant contribution to fossil displacement through downstream processing leading to a large range of products (chemical, fuels, materials… the list goes on), the end goal being to achieve a world where all carbon is renewed and the carbon resident in the geosphere (fossil carbon) remains underground.
Simultaneous translation english/french is offered through-out the entire conference program and across the 2 days but please be sure to bring your earphones along with your mobile phone and a spare external battery pack. On site you can access the simultaneous translation by scanning a QR code which involves no download or software installation on your mobile device but allows you to switch seamlessly between English and French via a dedicated platform. The data stream is audio only and is designed to be very light on power consumption, however we strongly recommend you to fully charge your phone before you arrive and to bring a fully charged external battery pack.
There will be no headphones provided on site, so to access the simultaneous translation, you need to please bring all of the above.