Looking for your next challenge?
The European Biogas Association (EBA) is looking for a motivated professional with 1-3-year experience in the technical field to join our team on a full-time basis as of October 2021.
The European Biogas Association (EBA) is a non-profit organisation promoting the deployment of renewable energy and gas from anaerobic digestion, biomass gasification and power-to-methane. Main focusses are sustainable biogas/biomethane and digestate production and use in Europe. The association is growing fast and gaining increasing recognition. It consists of 40 national associations and more than 130 other members covering the whole value chain in Europe and beyond. The association has established itself as core player in the development of the renewable energy sector, as influencer in the policy environment and as reliable partner for research and EU projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The candidate will assist the Technical and Project Manager in implementing EBA’s technical strategy. He/she will bring fresh ideas to the table to strengthen EBA’s technical knowledge basis and deliver new and insightful publications. The candidate will be involved in the EBA Scientific Advisory Council, working groups and EU funded projects. These activities will be developed in coordination with the communication and policy teams. His/her main responsibilities will be:
- Research, data collection and knowledge acquisition on the following topics: biogas and biomethane production and use, anaerobic digestion, gasification, power-to-methane, digestate utilisation, nutrient recycling and circular economy.
- Involvement in EU-funded projects and support to the development of new project proposals.
- Strong interaction with EBA members and collaboration with key stakeholders for technical knowledge exchange.
- Development of key publications, such as the EBA statistical report and the European biomethane map.
- Coordination of activities within the EBA working groups and the Scientific Advisory Council.
- Drafting of statistical market analyses on national and European biogas and biomethane markets.
- Support to EBA’s policy and communication activities.
- Representation of the EBA at scientific conferences, international workshops and exhibitions.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- University graduate in a related field of environmental engineering, environmental sciences, agriculture, natural sciences, engineering.
- 1 – 3 years of working experience.
- Knowledge of renewable energies and particularly renewable gases and anaerobic digestion is strongly preferred.
- Enthusiasm for renewable energies and environmental protection.
- Basic knowledge on EU legislation on renewable energies and/or circular economy are a strong asset.
- Excellent command of English. Any other language is a definite plus.
- Required skill set: analytical skills, numerical reasoning, logical thinking, eye for detail.
- Multitasker, quick-learner and ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, proactive, self-starter.
- The candidate will have to demonstrate that he/she has the right to live and work in Belgium.
- Willingness to travel within Europe.
- Previous experience in EU projects.
The position of the Technical and Project Officer provides the opportunity to work on a variety of topics related to the renewable gas/biogas sector and build a network of science and industry representatives and policy makers across Europe. It will offer the possibility to develop project management skills and become an expert on renewable gas and circular economy. You will profit from collaborations with key stakeholders involved in the sector, high-level European experts and policymakers.
The EBA offers a flexible job in a dynamic and international environment within a dedicated team. We offer a 6-month contract with possible extension to a permanent contract. The renumeration package will be suited to the candidate experience.
The position is based in the Renewable Energy House in Brussels.
How to apply?
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) to Vinciane Perot (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mieke Decorte (email@example.com) by 22 September with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – EBA Technical and Project Officer’.
Interviews will take place remotely during the second half of September and the expected starting date is 1st October. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview.