Online biogas calculators for project holders and policy makers
IEA Bioenergy Task 37 has listed 7 biogas calculators available online for free, offering complementary services:
– KTBL calculator is almost an official calculator with data evaluated by the leading biogas research institutes in Germany (only in German).
– The Cost of Renewable Energy Spreadsheet Tool (CREST) from UK’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory is an economic cash flow model designed for policymakers, regulators, and the renewable energy community to assess project economics, design cost-based incentives (e.g., feed-in tariffs), and evaluate the impact of various state and federal support structures. CREST is available for solar, wind, geothermal, and anaerobic digestion technologies.
– The Landesanstalt für Landwirtschaft in Bavaria probably offers the largest choice of substrates for the calculation of the biogas yield (only in German).
– Biowatts proposes a virtual biogas plant with a good choice of substrates, livestock waste and energy crops (after login).
– Weltec Biopower has set up a Biogas portal with online biogas calculation tool (after login – only in German).
– NatUrgas for biogas production, normalisation of biogas and acetic acids equivalents to express the stability of a digester (only in German).