Recruitment of EU Project Manager
3 County Energy Agency (3CEA) is recruiting highly motivated individuals who are passionate about energy and willing to work and make a difference at the 3 County Level in South East Ireland. The successful candidate is expected to actively contribute to shape and promote the implementation of environmentally sustainable energy solutions. With the continued growth in this area at both a National and European level, the successful candidate must also remain up to date with relevant information in this continually changing work environment.
The 3 Counties Energy Agency is a non-profit, independent energy agency working primarily in Carlow, Kilkenny and Wexford. We work primarily in the energy efficiency, clean energy, awareness raising and sustainability, specialising in activities including Energy Auditing, Project Management, Domestic Retrofit, Public Lighting, Energy Management Services, EU Projects, Monitoring & Reporting and Financial Facilitation.
About the Position
|POSITION||European Project Manager|
|Employer||3 Counties Energy Agency (3cea)|
|Field of Work||Energy Efficiency, Renewable and bio-energy|
|Place of Work||Kilkenny, Ireland|
|Workload||30 hrs per week growing to 37.5|
|Remuneration||Guided Salary of 25k to 35k FTE Depending on Experience|
|Period||2-year Fixed Term with Potential to Extend based on increased project success|
|Existing EU Projects||Interreg NWE – REGENERGY – Renewables Energy in Rural Regions|
|Interreg NWE – Housing 4.0 Energy Low Carbon Housing Construction for Modular Social Housing provision|
|Type of contract||2 year Fixed Term|
|Deadline for application||22nd November 2019|
|Expected start date||29nd November 2019|
The EU Project Manager will be responsible for the daily implementation and management of 3CEA ongoing EU projects, work packages and tasks, including the facilitation of further spin off project as part of the project activity dissemination, communication and exploitation/replication activities.
- The EU project manager will be responsible for the correct implementation of European projects that see the involvement of 3CEA, including direct activities if appropriate;
- He/she will support 3CEA in looking for additional funding opportunities;
- The project manager will be involved in the organization of the 3CEA events;
- The European project manager reports directly to the President;
The EU Project Manager will play a pivotal liaison role with internal and external stakeholders, spanning all sectors across the 10-year strategic plan towards 2030 targets and how 3CEA can influence their achievement. A more detailed task list will be formulated on the basis of the characteristics of the candidate, yet a preliminary overview is provided in the description below.
– For EXISTING EU Projects:
- Monitoring the overall progress regarding milestones and deliverables;
- Operationalisation and timing of all activities in the project;
- Identification of any unanticipated risks;
- Acting as the centre of communication between internal and external stakeholders;
- Champion the preparation of deliverables;
- Preparation of the technical interim and final reports;
- Being responsible for 3CEA relevant data management;
- Ensuring the timely submission of financial reports.
– For NEWLY DEVELOPED projects:
- Networking across EU energy sector;
- Developing partnerships for proposals;
- Strategic work with 3CEA and the regional partners to secure project funding from EU to support delivery the 10-year strategic goals.
– The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with the management of EU funded (research) projects;
- Relevant education and documented work experience within the energy and technologies fields;
- Good communication, writing and networking skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English.
– NECESSARY Skills and Qualifications:
- Sound scientific background: degree in a relevant field (Environmental, engineering, etc.);
- Written and spoken English proficiency;
- Exceptional organisational skills and high attention to detail;
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with dynamic and diverse staff;
- High level of resilience;
- Team spirit and the ability to work independently.
– ADDITIONAL Skills and Qualifications:
- International experience or international exposure to best practices in project management;
- Experience/ knowledge in PM processes and open source PM tools
- Experience/ knowledge in principles and techniques of EU projects planning
- Experience/knowledge in international grant application and bid management processes;
- Experience/ knowledge in non-academic collaborations and knowledge transfer activities.
How to apply?
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing a letter of motivation, a CV (max. 2-page) and the names and contact information of 2 references to:
- email@example.com Sian Crane (Office Administration)
If you do not wish that we contact current or past employers, please state so and explain the reasons in your letter of motivation. All applications will be treated confidentially and by respecting the privacy of the candidate. Applications that do not meet the deadline will be excluded. The outcome of the selection process is incontestable. For further information, see contact above.
The beautiful city of Kilkenny in Ireland:
- Link to video: https://youtu.be/IMin48SK01g
- Link to video: https://youtu.be/6aGLQ0liRig