JOB POSITION: (Junior) Consultant to support the coordination of the Biomethane Industrial Partnership
As part of its REPowerEU plan, the European Commission proposes a rapid acceleration of renewable energy including a target of 35 bcm biomethane by 2030 and a new Biomethane Industrial Partnership (BIP) to ‘support the achievement of the target and create the preconditions for a further ramp up towards 2050’. The Commission and the biomethane value chain coordinated by European Biogas Association and a group of twelve companies are currently building the BIP. The BIP will be formally established in an official launch together with the European Commission scheduled on 28th September with Commissioners Timmermans and Simson as well as several CEOs.
We are hiring a (Junior) Consultant to support the coordination and organisation of the Biomethane Industrial Partnership. We offer a 12-month contract with intention for extension.
The successful candidate will coordinate the activities of the BIP and manage the communications of the Partnership. This will include:
- Setting up and monitoring the communications strategy
- Converting complex ideas and topics into clear messages
- Ongoing liaising with the European Commission, companies and other stakeholders. Building good relationships with all a stakeholders, including policymakers at EC and Member State level, the governance Board and the Steering Committee of the value chain
- Drafting newsletters, press releases and articles; managing website and social media; organising webinars and events
- Organise Governing Board and other relevant meetings, including meetings of the value chain Steering Committee
- Organise frequent working level meetings to support day-to-day BIP activities
- Implementing administrative and financial tasks related to the daily management of the BIP
The position will be based at the Renewable Energy House in Brussels at the offices of the EBA.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Confident networker with excellent verbal and written communication skills with a firm, clear yet friendly communication style
- Excellent organisational skills, ideally with experience in a (student association) board, experience in organising events
- Fluent in English, preferable also with command of French, German, Polish or other major European language
- Experience organisation of events
- Experience in Communications/Marketing Communications
- Experience at or affinity with working with EU institutions, particularly the European Commission
- Knowledge of CMS, desktop publishing software and marketing platforms (such as or similar to WordPress, InDesign, Mailchimp)
- Independent and self-starting professional
- Highly responsive and organised, excellent time-management
- The candidate will have to demonstrate that he/she has the right to live and work in Belgium.
How to apply?
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) to Harmen Dekker (email@example.com) with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – (Junior) Consultant‘ by 10.09.22. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview.
About the Biomethane Industrial Partnership:
As part of its REPowerEU plan, the European Commission proposes a rapid acceleration of renewable energy including 35 bcm biomethane by 2030 and a new Biomethane Industrial Partnership to ‘support the achievement of the target and create the preconditions for a further ramp up towards 2050’. Over the past year, a wider group of 30 companies and organisations, coordinated by European Biogas Association and Common Futures having working towards this goal. Last December we published the Biomethane Declaration, in which we called for a scale-up of biomethane to 350 TWh by 2030, which roughly equals 35bcm. On the 8th of March the commission announced the target of 35 bcm by 2030 for biomethane and on the 18th of May the biomethane action plan, including the set up of the Biomethane Industrial Partnership, was announced.