The Biomethane Industrial Partnership is looking for a Communications/Office Coordinator with 3-5-year experience to coordinate the partnership
As part of its REPowerEU plan, the European Commission proposes a rapid acceleration of renewable energy including a target of 35 bcm biomethane by 2030 and a new Biomethane Industrial Partnership (BIP) to ‘support the achievement of the target and create the preconditions for a further ramp up towards 2050’. The Secretariat, that will enable the activities of this new partnership, is now being set up. For this we are looking for a Communications/Office Coordinator with 3-5 year experience in a secretariat/communication function for a 6-months contract with intension for extension.
The successful candidate will coordinate the BIP office and manage the communications of the partnership. This will imply:
- Setting up and monitoring the communications strategy.
- Converting complex ideas and topics into clear messages.
- Drafting newsletters, press releases and articles; managing website and social media; organising webinars and events, etc.
- Organise the meetings for the Governance board and task forces including the meetings for the Steering Committee of the value chain.
- Building good relationships with all stakeholders, including policymakers at EC and Member State level, the governance Board and the Steering Committee of the value chain.
- Implementing administrative and financial tasks related to the daily management of the BIP office.
More information about this position
- The position will be based at the Renewable Energy House in Brussels.
- The candidate will liaise closely with the European Commission and the EBA.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Experience in Communications/Marketing Communications.
- Excellent command of English, any other language is a definite plus.
- Experience in corporate communication and organisation of events.
- Previous contact with EU institutions, particularly the European Commission.
- Knowledge of CMS, desktop publishing software and marketing platforms (such as or similar to WordPress, InDesign, Mailchimp).
- Independent and self-starting professional.
- Firm, clear yet friendly style of communicating.
- Experience in office and finance administration.
- Highly responsive and organised, excellent time-management.
- The candidate will have to demonstrate that he/she has the right to live and work in Belgium.
How to apply?
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) to Harmen Dekker (email@example.com) with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – COMMUNICATIONS AND OFFICE COORDINATOR’ by 31.07.22. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview.
About the Biomethane Industrial Partnership:
As part of its REPowerEU plan, the European Commission proposes a rapid acceleration of renewable energy including 35 bcm biomethane by 2030 and a new Biomethane Industrial Partnership to ‘support the achievement of the target and create the preconditions for a further ramp up towards 2050’. Over the past year, a wider group of 30 companies and organisations, coordinated by European Biogas Association and Common Futures having working towards this goal. Last December we published the Biomethane Declaration, in which we called for a scale-up of biomethane to 350 TWh by 2030, which roughly equals 35bcm. On the 8th of March the commission announced the target of 35 bcm by 2030 for biomethane and on the 18th of May the biomethane action plan, including the set up of the Biomethane Industrial Partnership, was announced.