The EBA is looking for a new Communications Officer to join our growing team!
The European Biogas Association (EBA) is looking for a motivated professional with 1-3 year experience in the communication field to join a growing and motivated team for a 4-year contract with possibility of extension, starting as soon as possible.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The candidate will support the communications team (3 people + candidate) in implementing EBA’s communication strategy. He/she will bring fresh ideas to the table to engage with EBA members through a variety of channels and ensure large visibility of EBA messages across Europe. The candidate will also have a strong focus on the development of communication activities within Horizon Europe projects starting this autumn, covering circular economy topics. He/she will additionally coordinate communication activities with the technical and policy teams. His/her main responsibilities will be:
- Managing EBA internal communications with professional and creative proposals to increase membership engagement, through regular intranet updating and management, targeted mailings, dedicated events, access to exclusive information, etc).
- Performing communication tasks for EU projects (Horizon Europe), including:
- Development of the project visual identity and communication plan
- Production of impactful content
- Management of project website and social media
- Coordination of events
- Drafting publications
- Monitoring and reporting on project communications.
- Supporting the communication team on the implementation of other communication priorities.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Degree in Communications/Marketing Communications.
- Excellent command of English, any other language is a definite plus.
- Experience carrying out communication tasks in EU projects.
- Expertise in internal communication.
- Knowledge of CMS, marketing mailing tools and social media management platforms.
- Hands-on experience in the organisation of events.
- Comfortable communicating with external audiences.
- Multitasker, quick-learner and ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and respect deadlines.
- Team player, proactive, self-starter.
- The candidate will have to demonstrate that he/she has the right to live and work in Belgium.
What would be considered a plus?
- Knowledge of circular economy topics and European institutions.
- Previous professional record working for a membership-based association.
- Proven record translating policy and/or technical statements into effective communication messages.
- Experience in multimedia editing.
- A stimulating and dynamic international environment in a fast-growing team.
- Hands-on experience in communication for an EU association.
- Access to EBA’s network of EU stakeholders and members.
- Expertise on the circular economy and the energy transition.
- A position within the renewable energy sector to impact the shift towards a cleaner world and higher EU energy independence.
- A platform pushing for positive socio-economic and environmental change.
- A remuneration package suited to your experience.
How to apply?
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) to Angela Sainz (email@example.com) with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – EBA Communications Officer’ by 21 July at the latest. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview.