The European Biogas Association is looking for a motivated professional in the technical field to join our team on a full-time basis
The European Biogas Association (EBA) is a non-profit organisation promoting the deployment of renewable energy and gas from anaerobic digestion, biomass gasification and power-to-methane. Main focus covers the full value chain from production to end use of sustainable biogas / biomethane in Europe. The association is growing fast and gaining increasing recognition. It consists of 43 national associations and more than 150 other members in Europe and beyond. The association has established itself as core player in the development of the renewable energy sector, as influencer in the policy environment and as reliable partner for research and EU projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The candidate will be part of EBA’s Technical Department (3 persons + candidate) and will contribute to the implementing EBA’s technical strategy. He/she will bring fresh ideas to the table to strengthen EBA’s technical knowledge basis and deliver new and insightful publications. The candidate will be involved in EU funded projects (Horizon Europe program), working groups and the EBA Scientific Advisory Council. These activities will be developed in coordination with the communication and policy teams. His/her main responsibilities will be:
- Technical involvement in EU-funded projects from the Horizon Europe program. The selected candidate can become task leader and/or work package leader in one or more Horizon Europe projects. The EBA is involved in EU projects covering the topics circular economy, new feedstock sources for renewable gas production, innovative routes for biomethane production and specific end-use applications for biogas and biomethane produced.
- The candidate will support to the development of new Horizon Europe project proposals.
- Research, data collection and knowledge acquisition on the following topics: biogas and biomethane production and use, anaerobic digestion, gasification, power-to-methane, digestate utilisation, nutrient recycling, and circular economy.
- Strong interaction with EBA members and collaboration with key stakeholders for technical knowledge exchange.
- Strong involvement in the development of key publications, such as the EBA statistical report and the European biomethane map.
- Coordination of activities within the EBA working groups and the Scientific Advisory Council.
- Drafting of statistical market analyses on national and European biogas and biomethane markets.
- Support to EBA’s policy and communication activities.
- Representation of the EBA at scientific conferences, international workshops, and exhibitions.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- University graduate in a related field of environmental engineering, environmental sciences, agriculture, natural sciences, engineering.
- Knowledge of renewable energies and particularly renewable gases and anaerobic digestion.
- Enthusiasm for renewable energies and environmental protection.
- Excellent command of English. Any other language is a definite plus.
- Required skill set: analytical skills, numerical reasoning, logical thinking, eye for detail.
- Multitasker, quick-learner and ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, proactive, self-starter.
- The candidate will have to demonstrate that he/she has the right to live and work in Belgium.
- Willingness to travel within Europe.
What would we consider a plus?
- Experience in the Horizon 2020 and/or Horizon Europe program.
- Basic knowledge on EU legislation on renewable energies.
- 1 – 3 years of working experience.
- A stimulating and dynamic international environment in a fast-growing team.
- Access to EBA’s network of EU stakeholders and members.
- Expertise in the circular economy and the energy transition.
- A position within the renewable energy sector to impact the shift towards a cleaner world and higher EU energy independence.
- A platform for pushing for positive socio-economic and environmental change.
- A remuneration package suited to your experience.
- Initial 6-month contract with possibility for a long-term extension.
- The position is based in the Renewable Energy House in Brussels.
How to apply?
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) to Vinciane Perot (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mieke Decorte (email@example.com) with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – EBA Technical and Project Officer’.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview.