The European Biogas Association is looking for a Policy Assistant
The European Biogas Association (EBA) represents the sustainable biogas and biomethane sector in Europe. EBA aims to ensure our sector grows to offer a concrete solution to decarbonize the European energy system in a smart and cost-efficient way. We are a growing association representing over 200 members including national associations, corporate members, and research institutes, spanning 34 countries. We are seeking to recruit a Policy Assistant to support our advocacy work and help push our decarbonatization and agroecological transition agenda in Brussels.
As part of EBA’s policy team you will work closely with the Secretary General and policy officers; you will participate to internal and external meetings and help to outreach to policy makers. We offer an energetic working environment within a multicultural team in Brussels. The position is great occasion for a motivated individual to start a career in renewable energy, developing knowledge on renewable gases, sustainability and public affairs. As our organization is growing, the internship might develop into a longer-term employment opportunity.
You will support the work of the policy team, the organisation of working groups, task forces and the outreach efforts. Your main responsibilities will include:
• Contributing to the organization of Working Groups and task forces
• Monitor policy developments and activities relevant to EBA’s advocacy (energy, circular economy dossiers)
• Contribute to strategic discussions within Policy Team
• Support in policy analysis and drafting policy positions
• Drafting reports and/or briefs on policy developments
• Masters level education in Political Science, International Relations, European Affairs, Economics or Law
• Keen interest in renewable energy, climate mitigation and adaptation, and circular economy
• Dynamic, self-starter, organised, attentive to detail, eager to learn
• Ability to produce content tailored to different audiences (e.g. members, decision-makers)
• Excellent written and spoken English, other EU languages will be considered as an asset
• A 6-month CIP (Convention d’Immersion Professionelle)
• Public Transport allowance
• Hybrid work environment
• Mentorship and exposure to enriching debates, contact with stakeholders and policy makers
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (1 page) to email@example.com with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – EBA POLICY ASSISTANT by 17 March at the latest. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. To determine your eligibility, in your email, please confirm that: you have not been employed on a ‘convention d’immersion professionnelle’ (CIP) contract in the past; you are not currently enrolled in a university and you are eligible to work in the EU.