The European Biogas Association is looking for a Policy Officer working on environment and agriculture related dossiers
Looking for your next challenge?
The European Biogas Association (EBA) is a non-profit organisation promoting the deployment of renewable energy and gas from anaerobic digestion, biomass gasification and power-to-methane. Main focus covers the full value chain from production to end use of sustainable biogas / biomethane in Europe. The association is growing fast and gaining increasing recognition. It consists of 43 national associations and more than 150 other members in Europe and beyond. The association has established itself as core player in the development of the renewable energy sector, as influencer in the policy environment and as reliable partner for research and EU projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Implementation of Association’ policy and advocacy strategies.
- Political analysis and preparation of draft positions, advocacy plans and presentations.
- Liaison with policymakers, relevant EU stakeholders and EBA members.
- Represent the EBA towards third parties (EU institutions, trade organisations, institutes and scientific & industry experts) at relevant meetings and events.
- Coordination of EBA internal working groups and involvement in relevant EBA internal bodies.
- Support to communication and technical departments with relevant policy expertise.
- Development of policy tasks as part of EBA’s involvement in EU projects.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- 1-3-years’ experience in EU Affairs/ policy in in EU institutions and/ European Trade Associations/ Research Centre or University.
- Knowledge of the EU decision making process
- Understanding of EU Environment and energy challenges
- Familiarity or Experience working with Circular Economy Package, Waste Framework Directive, EU Fertilizers Regulation preferential
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills to establish useful contacts and coordinate multi-stakeholder alliances.
- Proactiveness and problem-solving attitude.
- Passionate about the environment and the energy transition.
- Perfect command of English and at least one other European language. German is a plus.
- Master’s Degree in Political Science, EU Affairs, Environmental Sciences or Agricultural Engineering
The position provides the opportunity to work within an exciting and growing industry playing a key role in the energy transition as well as rural agro-ecological development. You will be able to work on a variety of topics related to the renewable gas/biogas sector and build a network of science and industry representatives and policy makers across Europe. You will profit from collaborations with key stakeholders involved in the sector, high-level European experts and policymakers.
The EBA offers a flexible job within a growing and dedicated team all set in a dynamic and international environment. The renumeration package will be suited to the candidate experience.
The position is based in the Renewable Energy House, rue d’Arlon 63-67 in Brussels.
How to apply?
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) to Vinciane Perot (email@example.com) by April 15th with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – EBA Policy Officer’. Interviews will take place remotely on a rolling basis. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview. The candidate should have a valid permit to work in Belgium.