The European Biogas Association is looking for a Senior Policy Manager or Secretary General to start on a full-time basis as of February 2022
The European Biogas Association (EBA) is a non-profit organisation promoting the deployment of renewable gas in Europe, particularly biogas and biomethane. The association has positioned itself as a core player in the implementation of the European Green Deal and a circular bioeconomy. To do so, the EBA works in close cooperation with policymakers, industry representatives, NGOs, researchers, investors and a varied range of stakeholders. The association is growing fast and gaining increasing recognition. It consists of 41 national associations and more than 150 other members covering the whole biogas value chain in Europe and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Senior Policy Manager / Secretary General
- Monitors European policy-making process and coordinates discussions with policymakers
- Represents the EBA at meetings with third parties (EU institutions, trade organisations, research organisations and industry experts)
- Represents the association at internal meetings and external events
- Builds and strengthens networks with other associations to promote and enhance the message of the association
- Coordinates working groups and internal workshops on important policy items for our industry
- Reaches out proactively to our members, as well as external stakeholders, to discuss and adopt positions relevant for our sector
- Is responsible for setting the policy framework and related advocacy work of the association in line with the strategy and mission and vision of the EBA
- Manages the policy team and reports to the EBA Director
- Works closely with the communication and technical teams and the EBA Secretariat
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Passionate about the sustainability and the energy transition
- In-depth knowledge of European Institutions and its decision-making processes
- Experienced in policy work and in-depth knowledge of the EU legislation regarding the European Green deal
- Well-established contact network within EU bubble, relevant to the biogas sector
- Able to synthesize policy positions which are beneficial for the sector
- Minimum 7 years’ advocacy experience within an industry organisation
- Previous experience working for a membership-based association. Experience achieving consensus amongst members with different views is a great asset
- Perfect command of English and at least one other European language. German would be a big plus
- University Degree
- Senior level legal, public affairs and/or public policy background with European exposure
- Solid sparring partner of the Director, President, the Board and the industry stakeholders
- Strong leading, influencing, human relations and communication skills
- Strategic and innovative thinker, understands complexity, but can develop practical, implementable solutions
The position provides the opportunity to work within an exciting and growing industry which can play an important role in the energy transition and the deployment of a circular bioeconomy. You will be able to work on a variety of topics related to the renewable gas sector and build a network of researchers, industry representatives and policy makers across Europe. You will profit from collaborations with key stakeholders involved in the sector, high-level European experts and policymakers.
The EBA offers a flexible job within a growing and dedicated team all set in a dynamic and international environment. We offer a 1-year contract with possible extension to a permanent contract. The renumeration package will be suited to the candidate experience.
The position is based in the Renewable Energy House, rue d’Arlon 63-67 in Brussels.
How to apply?
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) to Vinciane Perot (email@example.com) and Harmen Dekker (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 31 December with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – EBA Senior Policy Manager / Secretary General’.
Interviews will take place remotely in mid-January. We expect a starting date will be as soon as possible. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview.