European Biomethane Week 2023
4th week of October across Europe | 24-26 October: Flagship event in Brussels
A must event for producers, users, investors and legislators involved in the deployment of biogases across Europe.
- High-level European Biogas Conference with 500 participants and 40 speakers
- Expo area
- Networking opportunities
Why do you need to be there?
Europe must deploy 35 bcm of biomethane by 2030. This will slash greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) and strengthen the EU’s strategic energy and technological autonomy. Biogas and biomethane impact reaches much further than their contribution to renewable energy.
Biomethane is the cheapest and most scalable form of renewable gas available today and provides long-term socio-economic and environmental benefits, supporting the transition to a more sustainable and circular economy.
The biogas value chain is actively working on the development of the sector to contribute to energy security in the EU. Sound policies and coherent planning are paramount to securing investments in the growth of the sector.
The European Biomethane Week will offer multiple opportunities to engage, get insights and explore the most relevant topics for the biogases industry:
- What role will biogases play in a Net-Zero Era?
- What is the added-value of biogases as drivers of the European Bioeconomy?
- How will member states bring the 35 bcm target into reality?
- How to ensure the contribution of biogases is fully recognized and ramped up in every sector?
- Sustainability and security as key pillars of a forward-looking sector.
- What trends will drive the biogases industry of tomorrow?
Who else will join?
- High-level stakeholders from the renewable gas industry;
- Representatives from key areas for the development of the biogas industry, including the transport and agrobusiness sectors, as well as financers and end-users;
- Researchers and academia working on innovative renewable gas technologies to develop our industry;
- Influential policy-makers for the biogas sector in Europe;
- Media experts.
Events and actions of the European Biomethane Week
The 1st edition of the European Biomethane Week builds on the European Biogas Conference, the flagship event of the European Biogas Association. This new concept will count on the support of the Biomethane Industrial Partnership and the European Commission, and will showcase the development of biogases across Europe.
Highlighted events in Brussels
- A 2-day high-level European Biogas Conference (24-25 October) at The EGG Centre in Brussels, with top-notch speakers to stir up stimulating discussions. Preliminary programme available here
- A photo exhibition and unmatched networking opportunities in the exhibition area (24-25 October)
- The EBA Awards ceremony, cocktail and gala dinner showcasing biogas frontrunners (24 October)
- Side-events, including a visit to a environmentally friendly brewery (25 October)
- Boots on the ground: a visit to a biomethane facility in a biomethane bus (26 October)
Highlighted events across Europe
- In addition to the flagship event in Brussels, a large variety of activities will be deployed in many European countries, discover them.
- Organise your awareness-raising activity during the Week. Get involved!
Our sponsors and media partners
Travel & accommodation to Brussels events: All participants are requested to book their own travel and accommodation. EBA has secured a number of rooms in three hotels near the venue: Ibis Brussels Centre Gare du Midi (deadline to book a room with the preferential rate: 8 September), Park Inn Radisson Brussels Midi (deadline to book a room with the preferential rate: 25 September), Pullman Centre Brussels Midi (deadline to book a room with the preferential rate: 9 October) . After the given deadline, room availability will not be guaranteed.
Get social with us!
Get the latest updates and share your impressions about the European Biomethane Week using #EUBW #EBAConference.