2014 EBA Conference. Less than 1 week to go!
The biogas event of the year in Europe, the Conference of European Biogas Association, is approaching quickly to which leading experts from all over Europe have confirmed their presence. Read the programme here
In total, fifteen exhibitors will be present at the conference, you can find them here. The two newest subscriptions are: the Dutch sugar producer Suiker Unie and the UK Biogas equipment provider Greenlane. There will also be 15 poster presentations given by Science institutes and universities from 5 countries.
Amongst the highlights of the conference is a panel discussion on how biogas can contribute to energy security. This is a hot topic that will get close attention during the first day of the conference. The panel discussing it will be integrated by the following experts from reputed organisations:
- Harm Grobrügge, EBA Vice-President and moderator of the panel discussion
- Rob Boerée, Director National Programmes Netherlands Enterprise Agency
- Antonio Tricas Aizpun, Policy officer, DG for Mobility and Transport – European Commission
- Andreas Gumbert, Policy Officer, DG for Agriculture and Rural Development
- Andreas Pilzecker, Policy Officer, DG for Energy – European Commission
- Jan Stambasky, President of European Biogas Association
- David Collins, EBA Board Member
During the third day of the conference participants may choose to: go on a full day visit to 3 biogas plants in the Amsterdam region; a half day study tour to the Energy research Centre of the Netherlands (ECN); a full day forum discussion at Biomass Gasification Europe (BGE). The latter option will present this innovative technology and explain how syngas is produced, converted and transformed into energy. The last point presented will be the Policy drivers and then the floor will open to discuss the opportunities and risks of this technology.
Still not registered? Do not forget to sign up here!