BiogasAction project final event – Unlocking the potential of biogas for the energy transition
The partners of the BiogasAction project have the pleasure to invite you to join a half-day conference that will look at the opportunities and challenges of the biogas sector in Europe.
The BiogasAction project serves as a vehicle for a rapid development of the biogas and biomethane production in the European Union, by focusing on removing the non-technical barriers to contribute to creating better frameworks for the widespread production of biogas and biomethane, in line with the EU 2020 targets.
The final event will be divided in two sessions, in which the regulatory framework as well as experiences and benefits of promoting biogas will be discussed. In the first session, you will hear policy makers and industry representatives offering a detailed overview on the role of the biogas in the European Renewable Energy policy beyond 2020 and perspectives on biogas sustainable development. The second session will be fully dedicated to the presentation of project results and will be followed by an interactive debate with project partners on the integration of biogas in region and cities and its benefits for the society.
The list of notable speakers includes:
- Arthur Wellinger, Senior Advisor to the European Biogas Association (EBA)
- Susanna Pflüger, Secretary General of EBA
- Malcolm McDowell, DG Energy, European Commission
- Carolina Gunnarsson, Regional Council of Kalmar County, Sweden
- Patrice Lejeune, Representative of Cluster Methatlantique, France
- Leoš Gál, Czech technology platform for biofuels – CTPB
- Hendrik Becker, Vice-President of the German Biogas Association and founder of PlanET
- Olja Kristic, Innovation and Network Agency (INEA)
- Nils Daugaard, EC Network
- Jakob Lorenzen, DFFB
The combination of audience will give the correct perspective on the shared effort needed to unlock the potential of biogas for energy transition. BiogasAction project is expecting participants in various fields:
- European institutions and decision makers
- Local and regional authorities in Europe
- Agencies and organisations active in the field of EE and RES at regional and local level
- Biogas stakeholders (operators and owners)
- Energy companies
- Financial institutions
Do not miss chance to participate and contribute to feed the debate on biogas!
The programme is available here