European Biogas Conference 2022
The European Biogas Conference 2022 took place from 25 to 26 October 2022 at BluePloint, Brussels.
Why should you attend this conference?
The European Commission’s RePowerEU communication is a decisive step towards the rapid development of our industry in Europe. Our sector is set to deploy 35 bcm of sustainable biomethane by 2030, including 3.5 bcm more by the end of this year. By doing this, we would replace 20% of the current gas imports coming from Russia. The increase in biomethane production will also help us reduce waste, increase food security, and support the transition to agroecology in our farms.
The huge potential of the renewable gas sector becomes more apparent year after year. Combined biogas and biomethane production in 2020 amounted to 191 TWh. The industry is scaling-up and it could cover up to 30-40% of the EU gas consumption by 2050, with an estimated production volume of at least 1,000 TWh. Yet, the sector will need relevant legislative support and investments in the coming years to harness its full potential.
Close cooperation between the European Commission, EU Member States and the whole biogas and biomethane value chain is required in this crucial moment. The European Biogas Conference 2022 will provide the opportunity to discuss some of the most relevant topics for our industry:
- What is the role of our sector in the future energy system?
- Are there enough feedstocks to produce sustainable biomethane?
- How can we accelerate the investment in the biomethane value chain?
- What is missing to have a performant renewable gas system in Europe?
The EBA Conference 2022 will put particular emphasis on showcasing the scalability of biogas and biomethane discussing with policy-makers, industry representatives, market experts and researchers active in the implementation of the energy transition and the circular economy.
Get the chance to learn the development trends of the biogas and biomethane industries and engage in the discussions that will shape the future of our sector.
Key topics for discussion
- National perspectives on the implementation of REPowerEU and National energy and climate plans (NECPs)
- Decarbonising the EU economy, transport, and building
- Investing in the biomethane value chain
- Driving the energy and agroecological transition
- Developing circular solutions and innovations
Some good reasons to join us…
- Get 1st hand information on the latest developments of biogas and biomethane in all EU territories
- Exchange knowledge and expertise on the scalability and affordability of biomethane
- Discuss with high-level stakeholders the legislative support that our sector needs from EU policy-makers
Who will be there?
- High-level stakeholders from the renewable gas industry.
- Representatives from key areas for the development of our industry, including the transport and agrobusiness sectors.
- Researchers and academia working on innovative renewable gas technologies to develop our industry.
- Influential policy-makers for our sector in Europe.