Scientific Advisory Council is a network of researchers, scientists and university teachers dedicated to the promotion of the biogas and biomethane sector by means of scientific evidence.
- Provide scientific evidence to EBA position papers and public communications
- Advise on programme of EBA workshops and conferences
- Support EBA Board in evaluation of project proposals
- Exchange experiences and information on biogas and biomethane research
How the SAC works?
The SAC meets regularly via phone conferences. Face-to-face meetings will take place along other relevant events.
EBA working groups
The EBA has set up different working groups to discuss a variety of issues which have an impact on the development of the biogas and biomethane sectors. SAC members can also get involved in the working groups. The EBA has at present the following working groups:
- Future of gas develops EBA’s position and reports on the topics such as future market design of the European gas market, de-fossilisation of the gas supply and sector coupling.
- Digestate and fertilisers focuses on the latest technological advances of digestate and fertiliser products as well as their legal aspects.
- CO2 pricing and certification
- Biomethane in transport
- Biogas public image
Online and presential meetings are organised on a regular basis for the specific working groups. To learn more and register for the next meeting, interested EBA members can check the members section or contact the association at email@example.com
Prof. Dr. ir Erik Meers (University of Ghent) – SAC Chair