Launch of the Biomethane Industrial Partnership at the heart of the #EUSEW2022
We are pleased to announce that the European Biomethane Industrial Partnership (proposed by the REPowerEU) will be officially launched on 28 September during the EU Sustainable Energy Week. This Partnership is an essential instrument to steer cooperation to drive technological innovation, address bottlenecks, such as cross border trading, and ultimately speed up the expansion of the industry.
- Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice-President European Commission
- Commissioner Kadri Simson, European Commissioner for Energy
- Harmen Dekker, CEO European Biogas Association (EBA)
- Ole Hvelplund, CEO Nature Energy
As part of its REPowerEU plan, the European Commission proposes a rapid acceleration of renewable energy including 35 bcm biomethane by 2030 and a new Biomethane Industrial Partnership to ‘support the achievement of the target and create the preconditions for a further ramp up towards 2050’. The biomethane value chain welcomes the biomethane target and the public-private partnership.
- BIOMETHANE DECLARATION: Presented at webinar with Commissioner for Energy Kadri Simson
- Commission announces groundbreaking biomethane target: ‘REPowerEU to cut dependence on Russian gas’
- New Biomethane Industrial Partnership Announced in REPowerEU