REPORT LAUNCH – Beyond energy: monetising biomethane’s whole-system benefits
The European Biogas Association will present the findings of the report “Beyond energy: monetising biomethane’s whole system benefits”, conducted by Guidehouse, on a dedicated webinar on Wednesday 14 February 2023, from 10:00 to 11:15 CET. The report quantifies the value of the positive externalities of biogas and biomethane production for a selection of sustainable feedstocks.
The outputs of this study will serve as a solid basis for European policy makers to recognise these externalities in future climate, energy and waste policy, and for society as a whole to understand the benefits biomethane can bring to the future European energy system.
Register to the webinar here.
- 10:00 Welcome and introduction: Giulia Cancian, EBA Secretary General
- 10:05 Keynote speech: Representative of the European Commission (TBC)
- 10:15 Beyond energy – monetising biomethane’s whole-system benefits: Sacha Alberici, Associate Director for Energy, Sustainability and Infrastructure at Guidehouse
- 10:35 Fireside talks moderated by Giulia Cancian – leveraging biomethane’s potential in a net-zero economy:
- Mieke Decorte – Technical and Project Manager of the EBA
- Nick Primmer – Policy Advisor at Future Biogas
- Marta Kamola-Martines – Head of Biogas, Corporate Strategy at ENGIE
- 10:50 Q&A
- 11:10 Wrap up by the moderator