The European Biogas Association is looking for an experienced Policy Officer to start on a full-time basis as of 1st of April 2022
The European Biogas Association (EBA) is a non-profit organisation promoting the deployment of renewable energy and gas from anaerobic digestion, biomass gasification and power-to-methane. We cover the full value chain from production to end use of sustainable biogas / biomethane in Europe. The association is growing fast and gaining increasing recognition. It consists of 43 national associations and more than 150 other members in Europe and beyond. The EBA has established itself as core player in the development of the renewable energy sector, as influencer in the policy environment and as reliable partner for research and EU projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
· Implementation of the EBA policy and advocacy strategies.
· Political analysis and preparation of draft positions, advocacy plans and presentations.
· Liaison with policymakers, relevant EU stakeholders and EBA members.
· Representation of the EBA towards third parties (EU institutions, trade organisations, institutes and scientific & industry experts) at relevant meetings and events.
· Coordination of EBA internal working groups and involvement in relevant internal bodies.
· General support to the Secretary General as manager of the EBA policy department.
· Support to communication and technical departments with relevant policy expertise.
· Development of policy tasks as part of EBA’s involvement in EU projects.
Essential Skills & Qualities
· 3-year experience in EU Affairs/ policy in EU institutions and/or European Trade Associations.
· In-depth knowledge of the EU decision making process.
· Understanding of EU climate and energy challenges and familiarity with Transport files related to the Fit for 55 package.
· Experience working on EU Transport files would be an asset.
· Analytical skills and strategic thinking to formulate evidence-based policy content.
· Excellent interpersonal and networking skills to establish useful contacts and coordinate multi-stakeholder alliances.
· Proactiveness and problem-solving attitude.
· Passionate about the environment and the energy transition.
· Perfect command of English and at least one other European language. German is a plus.
· Master’s Degree in Political Science, Law, Economics, EU Affairs, International Relations, or other Degrees relevant to this position.
The position provides the opportunity to work within an exciting and growing industry playing a key role in the energy transition and fostering rural agro-ecological development. You will be able to work on a variety of topics related to the renewable gas/biogas sector and build a network of science and industry representatives, as well as policy makers across Europe. You will profit from collaborations with key stakeholders involved in the sector, high-level European experts and policymakers.
The EBA offers a flexible job within a growing and dedicated team all set in a dynamic and international environment. We offer a 6-months contract with possible extension to a permanent contract. The renumeration package will be suited to the candidate experience.
The position is based in the Renewable Energy House, rue d’Arlon 63-67 in Brussels.
How to apply?
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) to Vinciane Perot (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Harmen Dekker (email@example.com) by 4 March with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – EBA Policy Officer’.
Interviews will take place remotely during the second half of March. We expect a starting date early April. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview. Candidates should have a valid permit to work in Belgium.