The European Biogas Association is looking for an Events Officer!
The European Biogas Association (EBA) is the voice of renewable gas in Europe and is committed to the expansion of sustainable biogas and biomethane production and use throughout the continent.
As part of our continuous growth, we are seeking to employ an enthusiastic and motivated Events Officer with 3-5 year experience in the organisation of events to support the ongoing and future external and internal outreach activities of the organization.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The candidate will support the work of the communications team (3 people + candidate) and will be responsible for the overall organisation and coordination of EBA events and conferences, including event planning and staff supervision, internal reporting, development of appropriate organisational tools and building of good practices for the organisation of all EBA events.
He/she will bring fresh ideas to the table for the organisation thought-provoking events which contribute to the development of the biogas and biomethane industries. The candidate will also coordinate dissemination and communication activities in the framework of several EU projects.
His/her main responsibilities will be:
- Coordinating the European Biogas Conference, EBA’s flagship annual event, including supervision of budget, contact with speakers and participants, sponsorships, event promotion, logistics, conference programme and networking opportunities, organisation of EBA Awards and Gala Dinner (+350 attendees for 2022 edition).
- Organising other EBA impactful workshops and events (50-100 people).
- Performing communication and dissemination tasks for EU projects (Horizon Europe).
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Degree in Marketing Communications or Events Management.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in events organisation, including at least one big conference at European level (over 300 participants).
- Highly organised individual with proven track record in planning and executing events, as well as in coordinating teams;
- Experience in organising online and hybrid events is an asset;
- Knowledge of event management platforms will be considered as a plus;
- Excellent command of English, at least a passive knowledge of French, any other European language an asset;
- IT-savvy with knowledge of CMS and marketing software (Canva, InDesign, Mailing tools) highly desired;
- A dynamic, flexible, detail-oriented person with a flair for teamwork;
- Proactive, self-starter and good communicator;
- Ability to prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Eligibility to work in Europe.
What would be considered a plus?
- Knowledge of the renewable energy sector and European institutions;
- Proven professional experience in a membership association;
- Experience carrying out communication tasks in EU projects.
- A stimulating and dynamic international environment in a diverse and fast-growing team;
- Access to EBA’s network of EU stakeholders and members;
- A position within the renewable energy sector to impact the shift towards a cleaner world and higher EU energy independence;
- A remuneration package suited to your experience;
- Hybrid working environment (2 days per week working from home office).
How to apply?
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) to Angela Sainz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – EBA Events Officer’ by 30 November at the latest. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview.